HOW TO "STYLIZE" YOUR WARDROBE

I was recently turned on to this site that is, simply, in a word, fabulous!  My goal for shopping on this site was to find unique and original belts and more importantly, belt buckles.

I wanted to find belt buckles that were like small pieces of wearable art and find them I did!!!  Oh my!

It was overwhelming!  I spend days on Etsy looking at every kind of buckle from oval to square, vintage to needlepoint, embossed leather interchangeable straps in different colors and so much more.

I am not kidding about looking for days...hours of days, putting 10, then 20, then 30 buckles in my Shopping Cart, knowing I was going to have to do quite a bit of "editing" before making my purchases and even then, the editing took days.

OK, yes, I am uber particular and know what I like.  I am a careful shopper and love one-of-a-kind and originals.  A belt buckle for me, is, in a way, just like jewelry.  A talisman and it has to have some kind of meaning at some level for me.  I know, I know...every friend I have is fearful of buying me anything as a gift.  Hence money, gift certificates, books and movies (from my Amazon wish list are what I tend to receive).  At least I can accept this about my self and that is the first step, right?

And yes, sometimes, it IS hard being me, but I don't really have a choice, do I?

Regardless, I made some amazing purchases and the rest have ended up in "My Favorites" that acts as Etsy's version of a "Wish List", which is fantastic!

This first one is amazing and up close, it actually has a tiny bit of iridescence to it.  It is handmade by a seller named sarahprincess out of Lafayette, CA.  I thought there was only one available, but now I am seeing that I might be incorrect.  Regardless, I have to share:

The second one is from a seller named Amy Butler, but her's comes with the belt and is completely different.  More funky and fun.  Whereas the bird is quiet and soft.  I did, however, put the bird buckle on a strap I already had that had small turquoise stones set in silver along the length of the belt on the edges and it makes the blue in the bird really pop!

However, from Amy Butler comes an entirely different look.  A little more Boho Chic.  At least that is what I am calling it :)




And then finally, there is the door knob turned belt buckle.  Very Art Deco.  This one has not come in the mail yet, so I am a little nervous, but I am hoping it turns to be what I am hoping for.



These three were not all that cheap.  I have to say that I ended up picking some of the more expensive ones.  But for the most part, these interchangeable buckles are $20 a piece!  And they are such a great way to stretch your wardrobe.  Less expensive than most accessories, these will brighten any look you have with jeans or over a shirt, hung loosely with jeans or a skirt.

I have to admit that "My Favorites" has about 27 unique pieces in it and not only belts and buckles.  There is such a variety of items that Etsy sells, its like shopping at a very chic flea market, to say the very least.  And even then, I don't know that I am doing it justice because the people selling their items are true artisans.

So, if you are anything like me and want to be able to wear art, you have found your new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment